So, I already have a 4 port HDMI switch mentioned in earlier blogs but I now need more inputs. I chose the Novete 6×2 HDMI switch for the following reasons:
(a) Great reviews on Amazon
(b) Dual output HDMI (as I need to route the picture to my TV AND my projector)
(c) Separate Audio out (SPDIF and 3.5mm jack) to my hifi
(d) It can be powered on an off via the remote (many HDMI switches cannot)
Other features include
- 6 INPUTS & 2 OUTPUTS: Features 6 HDMI signal inputs and 2 HDMI signal outputs; supports full HD and 3D videos; supports the highest resolution of up to 4K x 2K@30Hz
- AUDIO EXTRACTOR & ARC: Synchronizes the separation of audio signals; ARC (Audio Return Channel) allows the sound from the TV to be played through a sound system (only OUT A supports this function); S/PDIF digital audio formats support Dolby Digital (AC3), DTS and LPCM2.0
- PIP (PICTURE-IN-PICTURE) FUNCTION: Displays 1 main picture and 5 small pictures; enables you to select your favorite channel with the simple press of button
- REMOTE & MANUAL CONTROL: IR remote control allows for easy control from the comfort of your sofa; you can also control the functions by using the buttons on the device
- WIDE APPLICATIONS: Resolutions supported includes 1080p@120Hz, 1080p 3D@60Hz, 1080i and 720p; offers a great solution for signal transmission in home theater systems, multimedia systems, monitoring systems and more;
I installed it in about 3 minutes and then it was just a matter of teaching Harmony, its command set (yes it works with the Harmony Hub as well which is a must for me).
Now Alexa can turn on my movies, TV and Cinema again and I have 2 spare outputs for other projects (stay tuned).
I was very pleased at how quick it was to integrate this into my system.
As usual, I have added a handy affiliate link for those that are interested.